Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sisterhood

4906501983_f284e6082a_z

I guess daddy M will be surrounded by THREE girls who love him all the days of his life!

We are expecting a girl! I’m expecting similar journey… well sort of. My mom-in-law always tells me, no finger is of the same length. As it is, there have been so many unexpected traits of this pregnancy/ new member of ours. Firstly, the 1st trimester was more trying. She started moving much earlier than S. And she’s also slightly bigger & longer than S... I do wonder if her character would be very different from S??

Guess who is the happiest person to learn that the baby is a girl? None other than S! She’s been prophesying that it’s a sister from day ONE.

I’m comforted that S will have a sister to share her joys and challenges in life… Just like my sis, who has been one of the pillars of my life, always there for me (more so since I became a mom). Note: we fought like cats and dogs when we were growing up!

Sisters don’t need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks – expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs – that can undermine any tale you’re telling.
Pam Brown

No comments: