Sunday, September 13, 2009

Getting crafty

ricesock

I'm proud of my latest project - rice socks. Homemade heat pack with own choice of design that molds into  body parts. I was inspired by a blog where rice sock was one of the items in the hospital bag for labour! 

What you need:-

  • A pair of new socks (preferably knee length ). I used cute baby tights and cut them into 4
  • Uncooked rice – as much as you want, depending on the size you want to create
  • A couple of drops of essential oil

Scoop rice into sock, add a few drops of essential oil and tie a knot at the open end. DONE!

Heat the filled pack in the microwave for 1 minute or freeze for 45minute as cold packs.

I am using one for my back ache now .  Nice!

I think a few of my friends are getting this for Christmas this year!

No comments: