Monday, October 5, 2009

Awakening

Sales person A: "Hi m’aam, can I help you?"
SK: "yes, I’m looking for make up remover"
Sales person A: "I see, m’aam, would u like to try XYZ"

10 minutes later..
Cashier B: "Good afternoon m’aam, that will be $xxx"
20 minutes later, SK walked by OCBC credit card roadshow at R. Place.

Sales person C: "Hi m’aam, OCBC card for you? M’aam if you sign up today we have free gifts blab la la…"

SK’s not listening and her mind wandered away: "Do I really look like a m’aam because of my pregnancy or have I been officially promoted from MISS ‘to M'AAM?"

The last I remembered, I was still being addressed as “xiao mei” (little sister) in food courts and cabs… Hmmm…but then again, come to think of it, the frequency has reduced tremendously recently.

As I was filling up the members application form for the cosmetic that I bought earlier, I realised too that in less than 12 months, I’ll be checking on the age category of 35-40…

Frankly, I don’t feel like I’m approaching 35, neither mentally nor physically. (denial???)
Argh! Is this a mini pre-mid-life-crisis awakening??

No comments: