Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bitter cold

I gulped when I looked out of the plane, thinking to myself: it should be okay. It’s not that bad. Don’t worry. I’m prepared.

photo

The next morning before I left my hotel, the weather forecast showed 18 degrees. I was thinking, hey, it’s not that bad after all, I can take 18! The snow have melted! I might be overdressed and look like a dumpling with my 4-layer outfit! I went out of the hotel high-spirited.

A couple of hours later, after walking a few blocks from meetings to meetings, I realised it’s 18 degrees farenheit aka –7 degrees celcius! Knock knock!! The wool jacket that I brought with me was being described as ‘wearing nothing’ by my US colleagues.

8 meetings and 12 hours later, I came back to the hotel, beaten, miserable, exhausted, homesick, blurred vision as jet lag effects kicked in. I survived the coldest day in NY city todate! This is a far cry from my dreams of walking on streets covered with snow in my nice-looking-stylo winter coat and boots, as shown on TV.

My next stops: Boston and Toronto. I will try to enjoy myself. How often do I get to experience –1 to –7 degrees celcius.

xoxo,

grrrr…..

1 comment:

Sin Yee said...

it's 7.30am here in Singapore, drinking my coffee, reading this. almost split my cuppa and burst out laughing.

okay, that's my SK. no doubt.

love & hugs