Monday, May 16, 2011

Self-discovery

Have you ever wanted something so badly that you would climb the highest mountain to get it? I have  - over a bowl of Penang Laksa.

laksa

Last Friday, I needed to cheer myself up and suddenly craved for some Penang Laksa from Penang Road Cafe.  However daddy M was not able to go with me.  It’s ok, I could go by myself.

So I decided to take a cab from the office to Novena on a Friday evening. Of course the queue was long – It’s ok, I’ll take the train.

But you’re having back and knee ache  – It’s ok, I’ll feel better after the Laksa!. It’s worth it!

It’s getting late, don’t you want to go home and see S? – It’s ok, she can wait. Mommy needs her fix, badly.

When I reached Novena, it was drizzling – It’s ok, it’s just a short distance. Walk faster!

Then I realised that I had to cross an overhead bridge to the other side of the road!! (what about my acrophobia?) –It’s ok SK! Just pray and go, you’re very close to your target!!

So there it was, a woman in her 30’s, marched in panic across the overhead bridge along the busy Thomson road on a Friday drizzly evening, talking to herself in her head, JUST to satisfy her intense desire to consume a bowl of Penang Laksa!

I didn’t know I am such a determined person.M said I was trying to prove a point. Strong willed? Tenacious? Perfectionist? Nut case?

No comments: