Sunday, December 28, 2008

Acrophobia

I heroically suggested taking the cable car ride to Sentosa with Eve and Sonia to make our outing more fun.

I thought I could do it because it was dark. I thought I could be distracted by the chirpiness from the girls. I thought my protector nature could outshine the fear given that I was the ADULT.
I was wrong. The full glass view of the brightly-lit Genting Resort construction site made the fall-space between the cabin and the sea very apparent. My muscle was tensed. My heart palpitated like I just finished hot yoga. My mind was irrationally wondering what lies beneath… It was the longest 10 minutes in my life. Marcel’s hands were near-bruised after the ride. The ride back was more joyful on the sky train.

I’m giddy recounting it.

The picture was obviously taken before the ride started.

4 comments:

meefedtothemax said...

so funny you are :) did you scare the kiddies?

The little me said...

They were too excited to notice my quietness.

eels said...

at least you weren't crouching on the floor and crying :)

that's what my friend did once. in addition to bruising my hand.

eels said...

eh, that last comment was by the meefed one. Using her sister's google account :)