Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Quiet Christmas

IS it me or this year’s Christmas spirit is somewhat overshadowed by the world’s woes? Usually by this time of the year, I would be in a tight spot to choose which party to attend, prioritizing which dinner/ get-together is important. I would have finished shopping for all Christmas presents by now. This year, it feels different. I’ve only got two invites (I’m not dropping hints to be invited please, and I’m still popular, oh you of little faith).

I still have no clue of my menu for the family Christmas lunch that we’re hosting. Presents wise -I’m only about half done.

I know, Christmas is not all about presents and parties but to celebrate Christ. But admittedly, it gives the secular world something to look forward to every year. It's a season of giving and everyone is usually happier, more generous and fatter. But this round, it seems quieter with not much of a falala. My office is the first to see the change- no fancy hampers from Harrods, no Christmas party and lesser incoming goodies too.

Perhaps I should learn to appreciate the beauty of the quietness of this holiday season. Enjoy the peacefulness and count my blessings. Yes.. it's a quiet Christmas but it will be a good one. I'm sure I'll whip up something for the lunch and buy the right presents at the last minute...

*image from etsy.com

1 comment:

Majimo said...

Thats why you need a tree. Tree leads to decorations. Decoration leads to Lights. Lights leads to Presents under the tree.

That leads to Christmas spirit! Thus Christmas.