Monday, December 22, 2008

To be or not to be

THE house is wafted with scent of fir... Our Christmas tree is finally up. It fits perfectly in the empty corner where the invisible side table is. It's been my dream to have a side table with a beautiful lamp, vase of flowers, some photo frames on it, against a painting or mirror on the wall.. We have not found one that we love and affordable. OK it's not about the side table today... It's about our Douglas Fir tree.

The story of our tree was well illustrated in Marcel's blog. Now, let's hear my version of it titled "Doing the SiewKhee thing".
I know the unspeakable joy of having a real tree, especially more so for Marcel. Being a prudent wife-wannabe, I've had it all planned out (if only you could see my sureness) to get it at great discount days before Christmas like we did last year. Low and behold, all nurseries along Thomson Road decided to cut down their orders simultaneously this year. They were sold out earlier than expected!!! "Penny wise, pound foolish", "Stupid Chinese woman" kept ringing in my head the whole time when I was frantically trying to find a solution - my last resort was to get a fake tree. Poor husband tried to hide his dissapointment because I was in tears and condemned by guilt...
When I found out that Cold Storage Jelita still had stock, I promised myself I would never pull this stunt again in the years to come! BUT I think God is really grooming me into a prudent wife, because the tree was only S$49.90 after 50% discount!! Much cheaper than my original budget. I'm torn now...

1 comment:

meefedtothemax said...

this tree is seriously beautiful. worth all the trouble!