Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Boring or faithful?

SY told me that her boss has 10-20 pairs of shoes under her table. I’m guilty as charged but not as bad I supposed. I’ve got 7 including a pair of slippers. The shoes left behind in the office are mostly uncomfortable or impulse purchases. They were bought on days that I forgot I had meeting and came to work in casual-looking shoes.

I just stock checked and realize that 3 out of the 7 pairs are similar– black, open-toes flats! I wonder if it’s a sign of me being consistent, faithful or just plain boring… No wonder my ex-boss used to comment that my shoes were all “Amish” looking.
Actually I’m not that unadventurous, I wished I can sway around in high heels, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I bought a pair of Cinderella looking shimmery 3-inch heels to match my green dress for wl’s wedding. Unfortunately I only lasted 2 hours in them before I retreated into a lower heels (yet another black one) and finally into my old-faithful Teva slippers…