Friday, December 12, 2008

Homesick remedy

After 10 years, I finally found a cure to my random Penang nostalgia. Jason Penang Cuisine at ABC Food Centre, #01-113. I think Jason should have named his stall “Best of Penang” for the variety that he has - Char Koey Teow, Laksa, Hokkien Mee and Lor Mee. We tried the CKT and Laksa for a total of 5 bucks! I would rate 85% for authenticity and 100% for value. It's definitely more worth it than the S$30++ Penang buffet in Copthorne King and the S$10++ in Penang Kitchen at Coronation Road. The only caveat is it's NOT in a restaurant. Well... if you're in Penang, you would be nuts to go to a restaurant for hawker food anyway...

5 comments:

Shhhhhh said...

the laksa looks good!

meefedtothemax said...

WHERE is this ABC food centre?

The little me said...

ABC food centre is behind Ikea, opposite Alexandra Vilalge.

Majimo said...

Better know as ABC Brickworks Food Centre

meefedtothemax said...

i think i've been there once with gwanchie. ate duck or something. but never tried the penang food. I must try their char kway teow!

can we go together? pretty please :)?