Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lost touch

I think I've lost it, the touch of gift wrapping. I started off full of pride and confidence to create my own wrapper (like I used to do with pretty magazine pages) but just couldn't get it right! I couldn't find any nice images from my collection of Simply Her, Women's Weekly and The Economist, though there were some nice pictures from Marcel's National Geography but I wouldn't want to risk my head.
So I moved on to my next self-proclaimed (and unnecessary) creative plan --wrap with Financial Times.
I thought it would make the giver look intellectual. I was wrong. It looked horrible! Finally, I resorted to normal gift wrapper (so I thought)-Ikea wrapper that is very "Siew Khee" with my favourite colours. Disaster!! It was too flimsy and thin that made the presents look cheap! So after 2 hours of exercising forced gift-wrapping flair (while Marcel chills in front of TV, engrossed in Hero), I was sweaty and frustrated. I gave up.
Moral of the story: BE NORMAL.
I can already see SY rolling her eyes...

3 comments:

Majimo said...

A prudent woman I married, she knows not to touch my NatGeo magazines. You see they are not just magazines but books of life.

And it's Heroes. There are quite a few of them. Heee.

Sin Yee said...

yah, exactly, rolling. its just a wrapper. get on with life, stop wasting time !!! HAHAHAAAAA

meefedtothemax said...

heh. i was just thinking the same to myself - as to whether i've lost my touch. ah well, you'll see later! :)