Thursday, August 18, 2011

5 years ago today

This is me 5 years ago today.


I took a leap of faith and joined the equities world, not knowing much about the stocks market. This position (the longest in my career history) has seen me transformed from a bride-zilla preparing for her wedding, who cried every other week over work stress, to one who has some knowledge in the oil & gas related stocks, balancing motherhood and work. The crying has reduced significantly, of course.

I disagree with Daddy M every time he tells me that I love my job. But walking down the memory lane, I think I had more good than bad days in the 5 past years....

My top work experiences (from best to not-so-pleasant) from 2006-2011:-


  • Received the best ever (yet) bonus in 2008

  • Made some good friends along the way

  • S was born on the day the team received an Asianmoney award that we worked hard for and my colleagues nick-named her "Asia"

  • Experienced first-class suite on SQ

  • Visited some states in the US (eg. Charlotte and Alabama) which I would not have gone otherwise for leisure

  • Made my first TV appearance

  • Being on a stretcher (from back injury) in a Chinese shipyard and survived CT-scan and X-rays in a hospital where doctors were allowed to smoke in front of patients!

  • Worked till 4 a.m alone in the office one of the nights during my 3rd trimester

  • Not in Singapore when daddy M had to go for his knee surgery

All in all, it has been good... Thank you Jesus!

No comments: