Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Secret library

_MG_7546 

I have a secret library – my closet.  A place where I keep at least 5  to 6 children’ books for big S who loves to read. But I have to hide the books and give it to her on piecemeal basis because she is a speed reader! By speed, I mean she can finish a Geronimo Stilton book in 45 minutes! It’s remarkable for a 9-year old! I don’t even think I could do that. 

So we don’t stop her, as long as she gets her work done first. I’m a firm believer that children who love to read (or love Jesus) will turn out well…It’s ironic coming from a person who doesn’t really read.

Thank God for SANS bookshop, where I can rent the latest books for a fraction of the cost of book stores. So we have a happy kid and a happy adult (not burning a hole in the pocket).

 

xoxo,

Book aunt.

No comments: