Monday, October 1, 2012

Heavy September

Judging from the lack of posts in September, I can’t think of anything spectacular to pen my fruits for the month.

Digging deeper, perhaps the biggest fruit is I see myself grown- to be a more mature person, less rattled or raged, especially when I’m faced with conflicts or difficult situation.

The truth is, my heart is heavy today to recount any fruit.

Someone whom I had not met but only knew of (and she also knew of me) through my cousin ended her struggle post a heart attack to be with the Lord. She left behind her husband and a pair of beautiful children (7 and 13). Since her cardio failure 2 weeks ago, I have been kept posted of her status by my cousin, almost on a daily basis, mainly to stand in faith that she would walk out of the hospital and be a miracle testimony.

I cried as if I knew her. I cried as I feel sad for the family. One can never be too prepared for death. Be it 2 weeks, or 2 years.

I pray that the family will depend on the grace of God to go through this difficult period, to be strengthen by His comfort, knowing that their mother and wife has gone to a more glorious place. Goodness and mercy shall follow the family all the days of their lives ahead.

No comments: