Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy 1st month

IMG_1967 Thank God for the 30 days! As I held Sophie today, I know that very soon, I will miss the feeling of holding her whole body in my arms (as she grows bigger and bigger!!). Just a matter of a week or two ago, I was able to cup her with one arm, but I need two arms now. Sometimes I still think it's surreal and asked M “How did this little thing manage to hide in my tummy for 9 months?” The first few times M responded with “What kind of stupid question is that". Now, he just ignore me :). It is really amazing how this little fella has accompanied ME and only ME for the past 9 months, just me and her, doing everything together, 24/7, sharing every emotions of mine, being with me as I slogged through the nights in the office, kicking me to signal me to go home and rest! I get all teary every time I think of that... I know this may be a bit late, but I'm finally getting gushy about my pregnancy. I was quite neutral through out my pregnancy (apart from the 1st 2 days after discovering that I was preggers). I was not overly in awe or sentimental (if you remember, I didn't tear when I first saw the sonogram). I promise to be gushier next round!

Oh just humour me to be gushy for the last time today:  I wish I can cup her in my arms forever (ok, the cynics are probably vomiting by now). As my dad was telling me: “Soon she will grow and be able to argue with you...”(Gulp).  Let me indulge in my dream for a little longer...

No comments: