Friday, July 30, 2010

Pseudo getaway

My original idea of hubby-baby-maintenance was to take a short trip to Phuket before work starts to peak again. Alas, bb S was down with bronchitis a week earlier so we had to call off the idea and hang around in Singapore. So what have we been doing over the past few days? We tried new things everyday, or rather, new food, just like a tourist in a new place :)

1) Simply Bread at Cluny Court. The decor was simple with pure white tables and some wooden stools. The place smelled “fresh” but the food was so so only. I’m sold on the decor.

securedownload1

2) Udders – Mao Shang Wang durian ice cream. It was beyond description, as good as eating the real thing.

3) Gurney Drive at Jubilee Entertainment Complex, Ang Mo Kio. I thought maybe I could redeem myself from proclaiming my new love, and ordered a takeaway Penang Laksa from this joint. A total waste of money. Don’t even bother trying.

4) Itachio Sushi at Ion- It was M’s first time and I think he may be a new convert. Must tries: aburi fatty salmon, aburi wagyu beef, scallop sashimi to name a few. We also discovered Okono Matsu Tokubetsu Junmai- which we stocked up in the fridge now.

photo1

5) Fish Mart SAKURAYA at Parkway Parade. Now that we have Okono Matsu Tokubetsu Junmai in the fridge, it’s incomplete without some sashimi…

_MG_5870.CR2

It’s been a good break.

No comments: