Saturday, February 5, 2011

Therapeutic CNY

Strangely I don’t feel as excited as I used to be over CNY this year. But I’m glad to be home for a week – the longest break in Penang since 2003. As usual, apart from the handful house visits, I’ve been  staying at home watching TV, snacking, napping, spending time with bb S and family.

I needed a break. Something unpleasant happened at work while I was away on my long-haul trip. Coupled with the hectic travelling schedule and miserable cold weather, I started to question the viability of my job during the trip. Travelling back to Penang immediately after the trip (same day) was like going into a hiding place, running for cover from war. My mind and body instantly went on a ‘shutdown’ mode. Singapore and work seem far far away. I secretly think that I’m a different person in Penang vs. in Singapore. Less control freak. More pleasant disposition.

Being in Penang is always therapeutic. Years ago, I used to run away from problems in Singapore to ‘recover’ in Penang. This trip feels like a deja vu. One more day to go and I’m not looking forward to end it.

xoxo,

A simple Penangite

No comments: