Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fashion faux pas


This morning I walked out of the house chin-up and confident because I was able to fit into one of my pre-pregnancy shirts.
Did my usual presentation in the group morning meeting and left the room early. As I was walking out (fast-paced) of the room, the first two buttons on my shirt POPPED OFF! (I think) I managed to quickly cover my new bra with the ONE sheet of paper I was holding and rushed out of the room!!

"@#$%^&, did anyone see???"
" I think they were all looking down on their reports.... ??!!"
" My juniors (men) were seated right across the room entrance!"
" How gross to see your boss in her latest bra..."

Stay CALM. Deep breath. Pretend to be cool and be an ostritch.

I contemplated to spill some coffee on the shirt to create an excuse to get a new one because it's too obvious to change a BRIGHT YELLOW top for no reason. But I didn't because it's too ''mechanical''. Instead, I sneaked out and got myself another YELLOW top with NO buttons and a black cardigon for camoufludge.
What a day!


PS: The buttons popped off not because my upper body has grown in size but the buttons are simply lousy (wear and tear?!)

1 comment:

wandalingam said...

at least it was a new bra! muahahahhaa