Thursday, March 3, 2011

All by myself

1794595_218575_fb5f8544e1_p

My life is full. Family, job and church. It is contented. But recently, I realised that I leave very little space for “ME” time, which may be the cause of my close-to-burn-out snippy attitude of late.  

Today as I pampered myself with a two-hour pedi/manicure session, it dawned on me the importance of having time to MYSELF. No work, no thoughts, no worries, no plans, no conversation (small talk is allowed), no pressure, no obligation, no baby, no husband, no friends.  Just ME.  Guilt-free ME time…

While daddy M’s ME time could be his one-hour daily TV routine, it looks like mine needs a bit more planning and may cost more (wink).

I’m thinking along the lines of a hair spa (oh how much I miss this!), full pedi/manicure instead of a 20minute express service, full body scrub and massage in a spa instead of having the masseur over to our home, facial, yoga, staring at the sea, listen to the waves, go for a swim, candles and music in the shower…

Yeah, I shall do this. Once a week, at the minimum.

No comments: