Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spicy ginger

Recently, two 19-year old interns (twin girls) joined us at work . They are cute, smart and bubbly. Somehow they speak with an accent which some of my colleagues call the ‘affluent slang’ (can you see my eyes rolling). Talking to them makes me feel YOUNG at heart and reminds me how precious is innocence.  Some excerpts of our conversation:-

Intern 1: Do you drive?

SK: Yup

Intern 1 : I’m so scared because I have a driving test coming soon. I’m scared to drive…It’s so scary…”

SK: ????

********************

Intern 2: How long have you been married?

SK: 3 years

Intern 2: Wow! That’s long!

SK: …..

********************

Intern 1: How old are you?

SK:   ……

Intern 1: My brother told me that once you hit 25, everything goes downhill

SK:   ……

********************

SK:   So, which university are you going?

Intern 2: Don’t know… we’re trying Brown, Stanford, Duke, Princeton, maybe Cornell

SK:   …….

********************

Then I saw this picture, and I felt better… I totally agree with Kate Moss.

tumblr_kxqi9dm7zN1qadebjo1_500

Note: They are not bimbos, in fact they are straight A students who are efficient at work!

1 comment:

Sin Yee said...

Well i was a straight A student, plus also efficient at work :p and yet still a bimbo :)