Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Get a grip

anger

I lost my cool today at work , over an unfair judgement. It was aggravated by the lack of sleep as I finished work at 2.30am last night. I left early to do some soul searching.

Still, there’s no excuse to lose my temper.  Giving vent to anger at work is inappropriate. Period.

I thought motherhood is able to help me see things in perspective and not rattled. Obviously not.

Again, I start to question the viability of my job, wondering if I’m in denial. Ex-colleagues who have left tell me that my company is one of the best place to work and they miss it. Perhaps culture and dynamics have somewhat changed…

I think I’ve done my best. Somehow it’s still not good enough. I could see the criticism as challenges to overcome, making my work more rewarding, or I could think that I’m a constant target.

I need wisdom.

1 comment:

wandalingam said...

oh dear, no wonder couldnt find you yesterday afternoon. you at work now or still on leave?