Friday, March 11, 2011

The ugly truth

Working in the financial sector often expose me to the ugly side of human nature. Today would be one of those days... Before I could even read or see the clips on the 8.9m earthquake in Japan, I (along with the team) was asked to comment on how the tsunami could affect the stock market. Seriously, is this all we care?  How earnings could be hit? How share price could plunge? NOBODY was concerned of the precious lives that might have been lost or the number of homes destroyed. It’s sad. But it’s real. Unfortunately, I am part of this unsympathetic industry.

My prayers go to those who are affected by the quake.

Isaiah 54:9 - “This is like the days of Noah to me: as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you, and will not rebuke you…”

No comments: