Monday, September 12, 2011

Fever battle

Today is the 6th day that S is still running a temperature. After 5 consecutive nights of mid-night sponging, both M and I are TIRED. 1 visit to the GP (for convenience sake), 1 visit to the A&E (after operating hours) and finally a visit to the PD have reaffirmed my view that we should just stick to PD in future. Forget about convenience and cost savings.

Every medicine feed is a struggle and it involves at least 3 adults together with her favourite Elmo DVD playing in the background. No gummy bear/ biscuits/ sweets can work as baits.

I am the good cop when it comes to administering medicine or sponging because I have too much mercy (according to daddy M). He has no qualms shafting down medicine into S and making sure the water is ICY cold for sponging. My role is to comfort and hold her.

If her fever doesnt' break in two days time, a blood test will be required. I'm believing for healing...

Once again, kudos to the Sg government for childcare leave...

Get well soon, S.

No comments: