Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sesame overboard

Some call this guilt-parenting, I call this "way-to-cheer-a-sick-child-up". OK, I may have gone a tad overboard with four books, one talking Cookie Monster and three CDs, all on Sesame Street but I think it's priceless to see a little smile from S, especially after all the medicine battles.

I never really liked Sesame Street when I was young and preferred The Electric Company. I thought the muppets were ugly with their oversized eyeballs (except for Big Bird, everybody loves Big Bird).

For some reason (just like other children), S totally adores Elmo! As you can see, I'm trying to 'dissuade' her that there are more than Elmo on Sesame Street...



PS: Praise the Lord, her temperature has gone down and she's spared from being poked for blood test. Sesame Street played a small part in the healing process prehaps?

1 comment:

Spectra said...

you probably feel lonely?