Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A tribute to Yellow Light

Everyone (including a 9-year old and a 79-year old) was disappointed that Yellow Light is closing down this weekend. Even those who have not patronised the restaurant were saddened by this news (because they’ve heard so much about it from the avid fan, me). So how do I feel??

IMG_2164

What am I going to eat to cheer myself up next time?

Where am I going to hide-out when daddy M is not around?

Where do I find a replacement for the mouth watering Thai lime fish? IMG_2161

When will daddy M get to enjoy the neighbouring Pave souffle IMG_2167since there’s no more excuse to go to Yellow Light?

Where am I going to cater for S’s 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th birthday parties?

I have a thousand selfish reasons wishing that the restaurant would not close down.

But I know it’s been a difficult decision for my dear friends to reach.

It’s more than a restaurant to me, it’s a place full of memories – where we celebrated different milestones of our lives in the span of 3+ years.

With a heavy heart – a toast to the best Thai restaurant (in my heart) ever.

 

 

PS: At least I was privileged to have cooked in this restaurant once.

2 comments:

meefedtothemax said...

I'm so sad! Even though I live on the opposite end of Singapore, I used to try and find excuses to go there for crab tunghoon, Thai fried chicken wings, and Thai chendol- which were to me the best in town! And I never even got to try the Penang kway teow!! Tragic :( where else are we going to be able to find a place that makes it's own sng muay for the steamed fish and blends its own soy sauce now? SE and YL will be sorely missed.

Sin Yee said...

i really like the crab tunghoon!