Thursday, June 14, 2012

About the house... and the pond

 

I'm still hopeful to stick to the dateline of end-June to move into our new home. We are now at the 85% stage of renovation. Key outstanding work is to give the fish pond a new look. Yes, the house came with a pond with 20 Kois. We had wanted to kill the pond for safety reason, plus I am not a fish person. Having 20 fishes seemed like a huge responsibility. So after much thought and debate between daddy M and I, we decided to give away the Kois.

But life would not be interesting if I don't frequently pull my 'doing the sk thing' stunts. After 10 Kois were given away, I CHANGED MY MIND. I was convinced by daddy M and the designer that it's cheaper to keep the pond. My sibblings also played a part in selling the story that having a pond could bring additional joy to the kids.

So the pond is staying. But with the construction work going on, two Kois died. Last week, we sent these 8 remaining lives to a temporary fish 'hotel' while the makeover take place. I pray that all 8 will return safely. God bless them.

No comments: