Sunday, June 24, 2012

Two are better than one

_MG_2437

On the eve of our 5th wedding anniversary, we had a fight. We said things that we didn’t mean.

The next day, we ‘celebrated’ by attending a friend’s wedding. A lot of flash back on our wedding day but more importantly I was trying to find some revelations on our marriage . A timely reminder surfaced - that Jesus is the secret to a marriage. If we can put Jesus as the centre and love through His eyes, fights get resolved fast (He didn’t say life is fuss free), irritating habits get ignored  (He did say we are imperfect), more respects between each other, more love and more submissions. After all, the Bible did say “wives submit to your husbands, as to the Lord …. Husbands love your wives,  just as Christ also love the church…”.

But very often, I forget to ask Jesus to be the centre of my marriage. I know Jesus is there but I just take things for granted and forget to involve Him, asking for wisdom to be a submissive wife and a proverbs 31 woman. I forget to thank Him that He has given me a husband that I longed for all of my life ie, a man of God (I started praying for a Christian husband from secondary school).  A man who puts Jesus first in his life.  A man who is wise whom I can cling on.  He may not be perfect (hence need Jesus), but he is surely my rock.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labour:
10 If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Babe, Happy 5!!!

No comments: