Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Personal shopper

I am not a fashionista. Most of my clothes are in black or solid colours. Due to the infection last month, I decided to pamper myself (on daddy M’s account) and booked a session with the personal shopper in Top Shop, Knightsbridge outlet in Orchard.  My original objective was to add some long sleeves tops to cover the wounds, but it turned out to be a great experience. I was over the moon!! My wardrobe has since been coloured!

Coincide with my birthday month, I treated myself again to maximize the 20% discount recently.

I was greeted by the beautiful and friendly personal shopper, Melaine and her assistant Nud.  I had the whole fitting suite (read, not fitting room) to myself- no crowd, no queue.  Daddy M sat comfortably on the sofa and watched me parade. He was also served with a delicious platter of desserts prepared for my birthday!

Before I started changing, Melanie went through an array of clothes, probably more than 30 outfits on two rails split by different categories and key trends for the season - dresses, formal, casual, work, fun. A lot of the clothes that looked good one me belonged to the category “I wouldn’t pick this up if I was alone shopping”. Case in point – I am not a fashionista.

Each outfit was paired with the necessary accessories- belts, necklace, shoes. There was no need to worry about sizes as Nud would dash out of the room to grab if I didn't fit into any.

For first timers, you would have been asked of your preference, likes and dislikes when you book for an appointment. There are a few "services" that one can book, including The Miracle Worker - 2 Hours. The Mother and Daughter - 1 Hour, The Big Wow - 1 Hour. For that big night out, Group Retail and etc…

Did I mention that this whole service is FREE?! And there is no minimum spending! But realistically, be prepared to spend because you will love most of the outfit they prepare! They are professionals after all.

I hope to drag along some girl friends the next time I go…end of year, perhaps (after a big hole in the pocket)!

Desktop3

1 comment:

Sin Yee said...

sounds fantastic!