Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Never Land Pirates

I had not planned to dress S up for the school’s pirates party until the teacher reminded me to do so.

Mommy, please make sure S comes in a pirate costume tomorrow, it will be fun”, I grimaced.

No need to buy, just improvise”. Right.

I was consumed by slight guilt on the journey home from school, thinking that I should have done something considering my do-nothing-but-watch-TV schedule over the past 2 weeks!

So I redeemed myself.

1a

In 30 minutes, we whipped up a Captain  Hook look with a scarf, red ribbon, plastic cup wrapped with aluminium foil and pipe cleaner (left over from her 1st birthday party!). I was impressed by myself.

But S was not satisfied and kept demanding that she wanted to be “Easy”!?? What??

I want to be “Easy” the girl”. We finally googled and found the character “Izzy” in Jake and the Never Land.  Gosh, I didn’t even know this cartoon existed. 

119265_08 

Alright alright. Let’s cut a pink T-shirt, reuse the red ribbon earlier, find something yellow (play-doh mould) and there we have it!

2a 

Mommy is fully redeemed.

No comments: