Tuesday, June 23, 2009

730 days


Caveat: this post may be cheesy to some but who cares …

We have spent 730 days as a married couple and celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary yesterday. There’s nothing fancy but sweet surprises here and there. Planning surprises have always been my forte, but I think M has successfully inherited some of my genes over the past few years. He surprised me by leaving presents around the house for me to discover, I surprised him with YL lunch delivery (thanks again P!) etc…

I don’t believe in the notions of “everyday is anniversary” or “everyday is valentine’s day”. It’s just an excuse for people not to celebrate. I think every special date is a milestone, a time to remember how far you’ve come together. And it’s worth celebrating.

Recently Shih told me something simple but profound:- Marriage is a wall full of paintings. As time passes, the colours may wear off due to exposure to the weather. So the wall needs to be touched up frequently, to preserve the beautiful painting…

2 comments:

Shhhhhh said...

I am proud of M, he did better then i thought! I am happy for you, you are more happy then i thought!

Unknown said...

M is so sweet. I will learn this from him