Sunday, July 19, 2009

Retirement plan

I've found what I want to do when I retire! I'm going to teach cooking. Over the weekend, we attended a cooking class to surprise chef J for his birthday at Grandmothers Recipe. The chef, Rosaline Soon is a retired banker who conducts small cooking classes for maids, yuppies, friends, corporate team building etc. It's in a stylish yet cosy kitchen of her own in Thomson area.

Menu of the day - Beef Rendang, Ngor Hiong and Sambal Prawn. Never knew Rendang is such an easy dish to prepare. We spent 2.5 hours for the entire lesson with some hands-on time. It was fun, entertaining and yummy of course! Btw, I lurve her Miele stove and Barazzoni cookware!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What I really enjoy about this, is not the cooking activity that both of you attended, but the fact that both of you are doing something together. It is very inspiring and loving. I hope both of you continue this act of love forever.