Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Answered prayer

As I was saying in my previous post , was hoping to go to Taka after Jones the Grocer but instead we went to Orchard Ion instead! Prada, Louis Vuitton, Hour Glass...
1pm: made it back to hospital
2pm: dilation 3cm , not bad - so checked into delivery ward
5pm : 4cm dilated. Gynae was jealous that I was still not in grimace so put me on drip to hasten the process
515pm: started to have more severe contraction but still not painful to curl up
6ish: ok started to have grimace in 2min apart. But it was bearable, but to be safe we called upon the happy-dural
630pm - 7pm: the longest half an hour in my life waiting for anesthesiologist who was in a traffic jam !
730-10pm: numb, zzz , read , prayed
10pm: Fully dilated!
10:20pm: midwife started me on a dry run to push. "Chin down, pull your thigh, Poosh!" . Tried for a few times but no sign of bb. My mind was blank, occasionally I saw the Louis Vuitton bag that I wanted and I pushed harder. At times I saw Jesus carrying my bb nearer and nearer. Baby's heart beat went lower so I was given an O2 mask.
11pm; Gynae arrived. Helped by 2 midwives who were very encouraging - "it's coming , poooosh poooooosh..."
Daddy M helped to support my head and I think he was poooshing too:)
1125pm: Gynae took out a gigantic pair of forceps and gave me some help
1130pm: with the last pooosh, our friend arrived in style ! Bb Sophie Dorett!

As usual I was hoping to get emotional but no tears came out... Haha

Thank you Jesus for a painless and supernatural delivery! Our prayers answered !!!

No comments: