Monday, December 21, 2009

Thanks Pa!

IMG_1432 3 days ago I received a nice pot of lilies. First thing that Daddy M said: "It's not from me". It was more than 1 week since Sophie's arrival, so all the hampers/ gifts would have already been delivered! Who could it be? Secret admirer at this stage/age? Tough luck!

The recipient was not named. But the message gave it away.

IMG_1383a

I knew instantly, it's from my dad! This word of wisdom is from him before I popped. He told me that in order to have a speedy recovery during confinement, I have to tell myself that "there is nothing in this world / anyone who can make me angry, not my mom, not the baby, not my husband, nothing at all." I heeded his advice, for at least 1 week.

Day and night, I chanted this. But I guess, there is just so much that I could take. First week home was hell (pardon the language). Coping with pain (wound and hemorrhoid) , inexperienced confinement lady (CL) who was lost whenever bb cried and always needing guidance (from me?!!!) and my mom's constant complain of the CL, I blew my top and broke down a few times. Tears seemed to come easily especially at night. I was like a werewolf/vampire that only came alive at night! No one was spared!

Apparently, dad (in Penang) heard it from mom about my state and decided to send me a pot of flowers to cheer me up!

How sweet is that?! First time in my life – flowers from my dad.

Somehow, since the delivery of the flowers, I seemed to be more calm and collected, consumed with a sense of peace. The dust seemed to have settled over the past few days. It also made easier that I was finally mobile. The wild hormones have disappeared...BUT CL is still lost at times. Positive side of it – when she leaves, I will not be too lost given that I've been "instructing" her on what to do while she's here :)

2 comments:

Sin Yee said...

That is soooo sweet

meefedtothemax said...

wow sounds like you've been thru quite a lot. can't believe your confinement lady is so blur. worse than amending a newbie's drafts at work!

your dad is so sweet. now that i have met him, i can put the words to the face!

i still have your christmas present btw...must find a chance to pass to you.