Monday, August 30, 2010

Domestic issue

It took me a few days to find peace with myself over what had happened in the household the past few days.

Last week, my helper shocked us by wanting to take a break and change employer. After much drama and several incoherent stories from her, we found the REAL REASONS why she wanted to leave.

1) I have not asked her to go out by herself to get groceries, hence I don’t trust her.

2) I hardly leave bb S alone with her, hence I don’t trust her.

3) I don’t talk to her enough, hence I don’t trust her.

My response

1) There is hardly any good grocery stores within the vicinity.

2) I DID trust her to a certain extent, eg. baby handling, not being too anal about our possessions (ie no safe box and having some notes/ coins lying around the house). BUT I did not trust her 100%, after all she is not my family / friend. ALTHOUGH, recently I started to let my guard down, thinking I could leave bb S with her for the next 6-9 months and quit school while I arrange to work flexi-hours.

3) ???! I didn’t even have the energy to talk to daddy M at times, let alone my helper?!

We concluded that her sudden intention to leave was mainly from the ‘comparisons’ she made against her relatives working in Sg who may have day off or freedom to run errands.

Too bad. Her day off only starts next year and I live in the whoopy whoop.

She’s good at her job, she adores and dotes on bb S.

BUT it looks like she has to work hard to gain my trust again after this incident.

If not for the recent government ban, I would have replaced her to avoid future complication.

Well, even if complication arises, I am well prepared.

No comments: