Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Joys of blogging

A friend asked me how do I find time to blog? Given that I ‘write’ for a living, wouldn’t I want to take a break from writing?


Nope. I enjoy blogging and I don’t know how I find time, I just try to. What started out as a monologue has become an essential part of my daily life, more so after the arrival of bb S. Blogging has made me appreciate the little details in our ordinary everyday routine, wanting to live more passionately and see good things in life rather than going through motion day by day. Each blog post is a springboard for memories, each photo taken is a captured moment for keepsake and each story shared is my simple daily gratitude.

When do I think of what to write? Although it is usually on the spur of a moment but blogging has made my otherwise spaced out time in commuting journey in a cab or train or standing in a queue less of a bore.

Blogging has also led me to some fantastic blogs from strangers, far far away, sharing their life experiences, beautiful pictures, secretly satisfying the inner nosiness in me. It’s also therapeutic to see how others lead their carefree life, a deviation to our restrictive-Singaporean style.

A few of my daily reads (there are alot more than the list, which I'll share in time to come)...

Design mom

Pia Jane Bijkerk

Karen Cheng

No comments: