Friday, February 12, 2010

CNY with the Doretts

IMG_3276 “To go or not to go", “To go or not to go”- this is the fickle me talking. Before bb S was born, we've decided not to go back to Penang for CNY this year, thinking that she might be too young to fly. But recently I've been having second thoughts as things seem to have settled down and we started to get the hang of parenthood. So I started looking around for air tickets, needless to say, it's too late as flights are all booked out!

This will be my first CNY in Singapore in 10 years ... Frankly, I'm sad. To some, CNY is for kids but to me, it's THE event of the year (followed by Christmas). I get all excited by just being home with my folks, despite doing the same old stuff year in year out - visiting, steamboat, hot weather, vegetate...

Oh well, I'm learning to look at the bright side. Staying in Singapore means:-

  • Spending CNY with my ‘own’ family with M and bb S as the Doretts
  • Attending CNY service on Sunday
  • Spending time with all of my good Singaporean friends (and selected few Malaysians who are grounded here)
  • Less chance of putting on weight from over eating :)

No comments: