Sunday, February 1, 2009

Overjoyed

M asked me how can he make me change my speed dial "Home" to our home in Singapore and not my parents' in Penang. Well to start, we don't have a land- line in Jalan Tari Piring. Maybe when we have MSKJs but for now, Penang will always be a place I would call home in my heart.

I'm one of a few in their 30s (and married) who still gets excited over CNY. The joy of being home with my family is beyond words. If I could sum it up - Estatic (as shown in pix).

Endless steamboat, helping my mom in the kitchen, seeing my dad's blissful face, catching up with the same group of relatives, playing with kids, smiling in my sleep (despite the lack of it), continuous snacking, falling sick a day or two, surviving with only three t-shirts for a week from vegetating at home, breaking my promise (year after year) to bring M out for great Penang hawker food as I blame the bad traffic and hot weather. Nothing extraordinary but I enjoyed every second of it.

PS: Thanks M for being understanding that I'm such a lousy tour-guide over these years...


2 comments:

meefedtothemax said...

really loved every single photo here! :) full of life and love and joy :) especially the ones with you and M and the kiddies...

you are one lucky girl SK!

Shhhhhh said...

omg... how come all of them look alike???