Thursday, February 5, 2009

Patience

I admire friends who smile and patiently handle all requests under stress (or with elevated “polite” voice).

I salute friends who endure in the name of love, especially over a long period.

I am fascinated by Marcel’s patience for the hours of Maths tuition given to Siao Fei.

I am amazed by my siblings’ patience towards their children.

I appreciate my dad’s patience towards my mom (or vice versa) despite the obvious difference in characters.

Patience - a spirit of not giving up, delaying provocation, not giving in to anger and not letting go of hope.

-One of my monologues-

2 comments:

meefedtothemax said...

haha. not sure if the "elevator voice" is really a sign of patience. Cos while the outward voice is going on slowly and calmly, the inward voice may well be grumbling and complaining loudly, and drawing up irritation bar charts ;)

true patience is ...teaching maths to siaofei. or to me! :p

meefedtothemax said...

>>Patience - a spirit of not giving up, delaying provocation, not giving in to anger and not letting go of hope.

On a separate note, I like that bit about not letting go of hope! :)