Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sadly beautiful

I like Benjamin Button, as much as I like Forest Gump (though both movies are a replica in some ways).

Can't really explain why Benjamin made me cry like a river from the start till the end, from the time he was born till he died.

The soundtrack played a big part, I must say. The almost perfect and happily-ever-after love story.... And the script... "We're meant to lose the people we love. How else then would we know how important they are to us..."
How can one not be touched by this? How can one's mind not wander ? Mine did for sure. Call me a melancholic or emotional. I had thoughts of how I'm going to grow old with Marcel, our kids to come... thoughts of my parents, my grandma...people who are close to my heart.

The setting of an old-folks-home was also the other big part that perhaps I could relate to because my grandparents spent their last few glorious years in a home. Of course in a real 'home' in this part of the world, elderly don't put on make up, dress nicely nor do they play piano nor sing the opera...

Sadness lingered even after the movie (which explains this post). Maybe I'm homesick, maybe I miss my parents or maybe I just miss my ah poh...

"You can be as mad as a dog at the way things went, you can swear, curse, regret everything you ever did, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go..." -from the movie-

No comments: