Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fashionably late

I was late for work. Marcel is not around and my slacker self surfaced (again). It was made worse by my I-have-nothing-to-wear routine today. I’m not fashionable, in fact a tad boring…but I go through this motion periodically, usually it lasts less than 10 minutes because Marcel is always ready to snap me out of it.
This morning’s session was a long one as I stared at my small wardrobe for a good half an hour, simply couldn’t find anything that suit my mood.

Me: “I should wear my new black dress..”
Me: "Neh, I’ll wear it when we have places to go…”
Me: “Ah, the new Raoul blouse”
Me: “Wear next week lah, you have so many briefings to attend”
Me: “The yellow top?”
Me: “You just wore that last week..”
Me: “White top with black skirt”
Me: “I want something comfortable….”
Me: “You’re late already…”
Me: …………………..

Do I hear echoes of agreement from fellow girls?

2 comments:

Sin Yee said...

think financial crisis! that will totally kill ur need to find something to wear.

meefedtothemax said...

haha...i can totally identify. when i can't decide what to wear, I almost always wear a dress. it's one less item of clothing to put on and i won't have to worry about my top not matching my skirt. which are all important factors considering how late i'd be by that time :)