Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Manners

My usual response to cold calls from banks/insurance companies promoting credit cards or any credit lines is "Sorry I'm not interested, thanks for calling" and hang up.

Today, I received one from Prudential. As I had just finished my very spicy lunch with my lips still burning, reflexively I was too slow to utter the usual line/ hang up. So I let her continue...

Caller: Pls don't hang up, I'm not selling you insurance but to share with you some savings plans
SK: Ok
Caller: Which bank do you save with?
SK: DBS
Caller: Do you know the interest rate?
SK: No
Caller: It's 0.25%
SK:Ok
Caller: Are you currently working?
SK: Yes
Caller: Are you earning more than $1200?
SK: Yes
Caller: Are you a Singaporean?
SK: No
Caller: Ok bye (and hung up immediately)
SK: !!!!?????

Is this a revenge?

No comments: