Wednesday, September 15, 2010

40 things

_MG_8402

I grabbed this book from HK airport, with the intention to give it to a friend. The direct translation of the title: 40 to do’s of a happy woman. I couldn’t help but read it first. It’s a nice b0ok! I think I shall not give it to the friend but lend it to all my girlfriends because everyone should have a read.  It’s NOT A SELF-HELP book with the 7 effective must do’s but it serves as a reminder for us, women – to enjoy our ‘womenhood’, to know our privileges, and to live life happily…

Some excerpts…

_MG_8413 

Travelling = essentials in life such as air and water. I like the way the author describes travelling as falling in love over and over again with OURSELVES – the gush of joy and satisfaction that we get as we discover new places, culture and people.

_MG_8414 

The most expensive cosmetic in the world – self confidence.   Inner beauty is the focus.

_MG_8412

A woman can still be happy without a man.  Blissfulness is not confined to couples.

_MG_8415

Girlfriends - our lifetime wealth.  A true girlfriend doesn’t question about the eligibility of your man, but only ask you “does he love you enough?” 

_MG_8411

Simplicity = happiness.  Contentment =happiness.

_MG_8416

My favourite and self explanatory!

No comments: