Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Flowers

_MG_8258

Recently I realised another key difference between my mom and I. She loves to go marketing and she does it DAILY with great joy. I hate marketing. BUT for the love of fresher produce, I wake up early during the weekends and take a 15-minute drive to the nearest wet market from our house.

Why do I hate it?

1) To beat the crowd to get a parking lot, the sweet spot to arrive at the market is 7.30am;

2) To avoid the flocks of aunties cutting queue at the meat stall, I have to be at the stall before 8am;

3) To avoid being squeezed around at the vegetable stall (my last stop, usually), I have to be there by 830am.

Oh, not forgetting the 50 people queue just to buy my fish ball bee hoon soup!

Today, I found my fix for this stressful chore. FLOWERS. Never fail to cheer me up! I look forward to next weekend. Gerberas? Lilies? I wonder if they have Hydrangeas…

No comments: