Monday, September 13, 2010

One day at a time

After much thought over the last few weeks (in fact, months), struggling to find the best option for bb S ‘care’ arrangement, we finally decided to take her out from school (for 9  months) and turn to my mom and in laws for help. Evidently, her immunity has improved after staying at home for the past 1.5 months.

Quitting school (for now) is a tough decision because it involves complex coordination from various parties:-

  1. my mom commuting to and fro Sg, having breaks in between to prevent cabin fever
  2. accommodating my in laws’ medical appointments and travel plans
  3. potential risk of my helper pulling another want-to-change-employer stunt on us
  4. me taking days off work

The control freak in me drew up a month-by-month PLAN from now till end June 2011, incorporating leaves, allocation of ‘duty’ weeks between my mom and in laws, and hopefully still able to squeeze in two short holidays. The ultimate deadline: 1 July 2011, the day bb S re-enters school with a STRONGER immunity! Cynics may snigger at my idealism but there’s no harm hoping for the best.

I know there’s no ‘perfect’ plan but this is the best that we can work around, I’ll just leave the rest to Him as I’m exhausted planning and worrying.

"So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time."  Matthew 6:34

No comments: