Friday, October 22, 2010

Impulsive buy

Recently, I attended a ‘superhero’ party dressing up as Charlie’s Angels. The invite reads:-

Cool, Sharp & Sophisticated

Black tops

Dark-washed jeans

Heels (yeah, you heard us right, we mean real heels)

Coincidentally, a friend, A, discovered La Prendo in Dempsey with good deals for Christian Loubutins. So this was me, probably not in the best frame of mind (sleep deprivation), buying  my first pair of Loubutin.

Picture 575 

I hid it from daddy M for one night but succumbed to honesty in the end. THANK GOD for a calm and cool husband who didn’t roll his eyes, didn’t fall off the chair nor drop his jaw after finding out the price.

It’s 60% off retail price and it’s ‘supposed’ to be a good buy, though not everyone agrees with me, especially those who would rather invest in diamonds (wink wink).

A asked me if I felt instantly sexier and more slander… hmmmm I think so… but it’s definitely not the most comfortable shoes on earth. Oh well, I’m 35, I’ve gone through child birth, I don’t buy jewellery, I have not been on holidays for awhile, I don’t usually go on shopping spree. YES this is my self-talk that I deserve a pair of Loubutin.

1 comment:

Sin Yee said...

my heart is already aching just reading this post!!