Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Home v. Hometown

Recently an old friend of mine who resides in the US posted on facebook: “Counting down on the days to go home, yay!”.

Home to her, just like me is Penang. I’m not sure if it only applies to Penangite, where home to us will always be that little island…

My sisters-in-law who have migrated to Australia and US don’t not say that they are coming “home” when they are in Singapore.  I also hardly hear my friends from KL or HK say that they are going '”home” when they return to their hometowns…

This is still a topic that daddy M and I are not on the same page yet…

The quick dial in my phone still lists Home as my parents’ number. 

One day, I’ll switch.  But I’m not sure when…

So, today we are going home! For a wedding and an extended long weekend.

No comments: