Thursday, July 26, 2012

Carpenters and Cook

I love beautiful things. In another words, I’m a sucker for packaging and marketing. Thank God I have found a comrade, SL who shares my passion and ‘appreciation’ for beautiful stationery, cards, gift wrappers, decor, flowers and all things beautiful though not practical, at times.

Two weeks ago, SL insisted that we should take a 20-minute ride from Raffles Place to Lorong Kilat to celebrate my belated birthday. She said I would love the place! Although the place only serves things-that-I-don’t-normally-eat, ie sandwiches and quiches, I went by faith. After all, she’s my ONLY comrade, it gotta be good!

I fell in love with Carpenters and Cook the moment I stepped in.

A  cafe with BEAUTIFUL THINGS and vintage stuff. Everything in the shop is for sale. Plates, cups, weighing scale, re-upholstered chapel chairs, tables, typewriter, clocks, and of course the food.  Quant and rustic perfectly describe this retro joint. It’s only been operating for about one month but already has huge followings (usually crowded, according to SL)!
Downloads1
The Passion Fruit meringue is a Must-Try. Slightly different from the Pattisier’s, this has crispier shell and more sour in taste.
The shop is a venture among three girls in their 30’s, sharing their love for vintage furniture and artisan bakery.
I admire them with slight envy.

No comments: