Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Logistics, logistics, logistics

My in laws (S main care giver and driver) are in the US and this comes with plenty of logistics arrangement. It involves lots of help from friends and “international aid”, which we are thankful.

Firstly, we switched her to morning session. In order to let her settle in slowly, daddy M will send her to school at about 8am while I make myself to work earlier (our norm was to leave for work together at 7’ish). My dear friend, Shih will pick her up mid-day for the next 2.5 months until my father-in-law returns to resume the role of the designated driver.

On days that Shih cannot make it, daddy M or myself will squeeze our lunch hour to pick her up (and grab a quick bite at home). We are also looking at training our helper to take a cab to pick her up. Last but not least, starting this weekend, my mom will be here for a month, followed by my dad...

On certain days, our dear friend, Selvam is also activated to help (last resort).

I know there is a short cut to these cumbersome arrangement- send her to full-day school immediately where we can pick her up after work. But I am not ready. Period.

Perhaps I need to go through this to let go... Meanwhile, we are tapping on whatever help that we can get...

PS: there is no school bus available.

No comments: