Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July's fruits - faith and speech

I feel that I got closer to God this month. I started to talk more to Him with shooting prayers which resulted in a lot of revelations.

1) Faith comes from hearing -So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).
The more good news we hear, the more faith we have. Conversely, the more negatives we hear, it is inevitable that we become demoralized. I was affected after being the listener to my colleague’s complains and grief over our new work culture for about a month. Thank God for daddy M and good friends who point me back to Jesus…I started to mediate on the sufficiency of His grace. I also reduced the coffee breaks/ lunches with people with negative vibes… It definitely helped.

2) The power of confession - The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit (Proverbs 18:21). Believe and speak forth. A few of us started a group chat where we encourage and confess positively over each other’s circumstance on a daily basis. The power of standing in faith together beats worrying alone, hands down.

No comments: