Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Stuffed

IF there is anything that I take after my mom (height aside), it would be making sure that the family is well-fed. There's always food on the dining table at home. In fact her fridges are always FULL! There are 2 fridges at home, going on to 3 very soon at the rate she's going.

Though there' no food lying around on my dining table, I tend to OVER ORDER when we dine out, subconsciously worrying that M may not have enough to eat... Sigh, I think I'm partially responsible for his waistline.

Below is a perfect example! I didn't know that Hyang-To-Gol Korean Restaurant (Amara Hotel) is so generous with their Banchan (side dishes). We were already half-full before our mains were served.
I counted, including our mains, we had 22 plates in total for the 2 of us!

Side note: The food was great! I've tagged this place for my favourite Kim Chi soup now. It would have been a value meal if I had not ordered the Chap Jae and Dolsot Bimbimbap...


Sidenote 2: I had flashback of scenes from Korean epic series Jewel in the Palace (Dae Jang Geum). M looked like the emperor (Singapore version) in the show who's perpetually tasting new dishes prepared by the imperial kitchen...

2 comments:

meefedtothemax said...

i totally want to try this place. bring me after AR!! ;)

Sin Yee said...

i went there last wed for lunch. i had the hot pot which unfortunately is a disappointment.